Healthcare industry of the US has introduced many technologies to give the best care to all irrespective of their place, accessibility, etc. Remote Care to patients is the latest healthcare technology. It enables monitoring of patients’ health outside conventional clinical settings. This may increase access to care and cut down the healthcare delivery costs. Hospitals offer Telehealth services as a part of Remote Care. This includes,
- Virtual Consultation – It is a virtual visit that takes place between the patient and the physician. It takes place through audio or video calls. It is effective for common problems like flu, acne, fever, etc. It reduces the patient’s traveling cost and provides better access to quality care.
- Remote Health Monitoring – Patient Health Monitoring is the latest technology in the healthcare industry. Patient physiological data like blood pressure, blood sugar, heart rate, etc can be measured by external devices. It can be a Fitbit, apple watch, etc that can communicate with the system in the hospital. It will help the physician to always keep an eye on their patients’ vitals and prescribe telemedicine and preventive care plans.
- Chronic Care Management – Chronic Care Management is non-face-to-face care provided to patients with multiple chronic conditions. Medicare reimburses a certain amount for the Chronic Care Management services given by the hospital. Chronic Care Management is most administered through audio calls.
As Chronic Care Management services have reimbursements, physicians must consider administering CCM to the eligible patients. Medicare provides Chronic Care Management services for patients with multiple (two or more) chronic conditions
- Expected to last at least 12 months or until the death of the patient.
- Places the patient at significant risk of death, acute exacerbation/ decompensation, or functional decline.
CCM Service Summary
The following are steps through which a Chronic Care Management service is furnished,
- Initiating Visit – Initiation during an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV), Initial Preventive Physical Examination (IPPE) or face-to-face E/M visit for new patients or patients not seen within one year prior to the commencement of Chronic Care Management services.
- Structured Recording of Patient Information Using Certified EHR Technology – Structured recording of demographics, problems, medications, and medication allergies using certified EHR technology.
- 24/7 Access & Continuity of Care – Provide 24/7 access to physicians or other qualified healthcare professionals or clinical staff and continuity of care with a designated member of the care team.
- Comprehensive Care Plan – Creation, revision, and/or monitoring of an electronic person-centered care plan.
- Enhanced Communication Opportunities – Enhanced opportunities for the patient to communicate with the physician through not only telephone access, but also the use of secure messaging, Internet, or other non-face-to-face consultation methods.
Eligibility Criteria for Physicians
Physicians and the following non-physician practitioners may bill CCM services:
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
HealthViewX Chronic Care Management solution features
HealthViewX Chronic Care Management solution has the following features that make the process simpler,
- Inbuilt audio, video calling and messaging features – HealthViewX Chronic Care Management solution has inbuilt video and audio calling features. It helps in giving Chronic Care Management services to their patients. Secure messaging is also available through which the physicians and the patients can communicate.
- Automated call log feature – After a patient call, care plan creation or any action related to Chronic Care Management services, call logs are added to the patient. It reduces the physician’s manual effort is logging the call logs.
- Preventive Care plans – HealthViewX solution supports care plans for the Chronic Care Management service for a patient. The physician can create a care plan depending on the patient’s health report. It helps in monitoring the patient’s vitals.
- Chronic Care Management Analytics – Dashboards with intuitive charts and tables give complete analytics of the Chronic Care Management services. It provides a clear picture from the revenue perspective.
- Consolidated Report – The physician can generate a consolidated report of the Chronic Care Management services given for a particular period. This makes it easy for the billing practitioner for getting the reimbursements.
- HIPAA compliance – HealthViewX Chronic Care Management is HIPAA-compliant. It facilitates secure data exchange. All patient-related documents are managed securely.
HealthViewX Chronic Care Management solution is on par with the current requirements. Remote care is the easiest and the cheapest way to treat your patients. Medicare provides reimbursements for Chronic Care Management which makes it the best way to give care to patients from the remote. To know more about our Chronic Care Management solution, schedule a demo with us.