Healthcare organizations and chronic illness
By 2029, estimates show that senior patients will make up 20% of the population and a considerable share of healthcare spending. As it stands now, senior patients and patients with chronic illness make up to 5% of the population but nearly 50% of healthcare spending. How can healthcare organizations cap these rising costs.
According to a report from BDO Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation, healthcare organizations are taking more responsibility when it comes to older adult care and chronic care management,
From NEJM Catalyst survey, it was found that healthcare organizations are looking into
- Home health services
- Strong chronic disease plans
- Health IT
to address the needs of a growing aging population.
How can healthcare organizations achieve patient-centric and value-based care?
As mentioned earlier, healthcare organizations are looking into home health services and care plans to treat patients with chronic diseases.
Home healthcare services – Home healthcare is a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility. Examples of home health services include:
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
In general, the goal of home health care is to treat an illness or injury. Home health care helps you:
- Get better
- Regain your independence
- Become as self-sufficient as possible
- Maintain your current condition or level of function
- Slow decline
Strong chronic disease plans – Patients with one or more chronic diseases need doctor’s attention almost every day. The physicians create care plans for such patients with vitals, measurements, activities, pain, etc that need to be monitored. This will help in keeping chronic patients healthy if they follow the care plan strictly.
HealthViewX Care Management and Chronic Care Management solution to ease the process for healthcare organizations
Information technology helps in making the process simpler for healthcare organizations by reducing their time and effort. HealthViewx software provides Care Management and Chronic Care Management solutions which help in providing home health services and also care plans for chronic patients.
HealthViewX Care Management solution supports the following features,
- Care plans to enable remote care – A provider can create a care plan for a patient depending on the vitals, treatments, measurements, etc that need to be tracked. The patient-centric application helps in logging data for the vitals specified in the care plan. If needed the care plan can also be printed.
- Customizable dashboards to suit the need – Dashboards comprising of graphs and tables show a comprehensive data of the number of patients in different care plans depending on the patient diagnosis.
- Scheduler to keep track of the appointments – An inbuilt scheduler keeps track of the appointments and sends timely reminders to both the patient and the provider. The chances of missing out an appointment are very less.
- Audio and video calling features – HealthViewX Care Management solution support inbuilt audio and video calling features which help in connecting with the patients for follow-ups.
- Patient-reported data – Patients can record data for all attributes in the care plan. Summary graphs and table data helps the providers in monitoring the patient vitals. The patient records can be anytime printed in pdf or excel report form.
- Health device integration – HealthViewX Care Management solution can integrate with any wearable device like Fitbit, apple watch, etc. Hence the patients need not waste time in logging data in the application if they are already using wearables.
HealthViewX Chronic Care Management solution supports the following features,
- Automated call log feature – After a call, care plan creation or any action related to CCM health services, the system automatically adds call logs. It reduces the physician’s manual effort is logging the call logs.
- Preventive Care plans – HealthViewX solution supports care plans for the Chronic Care Management service for a patient. The physician can create a care plan depending on the patient’s health report. It helps in monitoring the patient’s vitals.
- Chronic Care Management Analytics – Dashboards with intuitive charts and tables give complete analytics of the Chronic Care Management services. It provides a clear picture of the revenue perspective.
- Consolidated Report – The physician can generate a consolidated report of the Chronic Care Management services given for a particular period. This makes it easy for the billing practitioner for getting the Medicare reimbursements.
- HIPAA compliance – HealthViewX Chronic Care Management is HIPAA compliant. It facilitates secure data exchange. The solution manages all patient-related documents securely.
HealthViewX Care Management and Chronic Care Management solutions have features that suit healthcare organizations best. To know more about our solutions, schedule a demo with us.